Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-cc055od
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows has gone to crap. I bought my Windows 10 Pro Pavilion 15-cc055od  laptop back in December 2017, so the warranty is expired. I bought the Recovery USB stick in January 2018, though I didn’t have to use it until a couple months ago. I saw they only gave me the USB recovery stick for Windows 10 Home edition, so HP stole my operating system. Your support won’t help me with mailing me the correct USB recovery stick, unless I pay $59 for tech support. I know tech support. The USB stick you sent me turned my HP laptop into a brick with a log stating many BB FU system errors. I will be filing a report with the Better Business Bureau.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

Make your own as answered in your other post.

The USB could have been corrupted whilst in storage, also there is usually a recovery partition to re-install the original OS, was the HDD replaced?

HP Recommended

HP should Mail the correct USB recovery stick to me.  

HP Recommended

Hi

Its just unfortunate that you didn't try and make your own, as I did, at very little cost.

HP Recovery Media Creation.png

The software bundle for your PC is/was....
Software
Operating system
Windows 10 Home 64
HP apps
HP Orbit; HP CoolSense; HP ePrint; HP Games by WildTangent; HP Audio Switch; HP Jumpstart; HP Recovery Manager; HP Support Assistant
Software included
McAfee LiveSafe™
Pre-installed software
Netflix; CyberLink Power Media Player
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.