Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Compaq Presario C700
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello Sir,

I have a  Compaq Presario C795VU (FF411PA#ACJ) laptop, Its a preinstalled Vista Version Laptop but now I want to upgrade my OS Window 7 (64 Bit) and one more question, I want to know that can i use my memory card (4GB) as an addtional supporting for RAM ? If yes then how ?

System Information-

Manufacturer - Hewlett-Packard
Model  - Compaq Presario C700 Notebook PC

Processor  - Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5750 @ 2.00GHz
Total amount of system memory - 2.00 GB RAM
System type  - 32-bit operating system
Number of processor cores  - 2
64-bit capable   - Yes
Display adapter type  - Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family 

Total available graphics memory  - 358 MB
        Dedicated graphics memory  - 0 MB
        Dedicated system memory  - 64 MB
        Shared system memory  - 294 MB
 Display adapter driver version  - 8.15.10.1930
 Primary monitor resolution   -1280x800

I tried to find in the HP driver section  but unable to search any OS drivers of my laptop.

Please help me. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP retired support for that model series because it is 10 or more years old.

So, finding drivers will be difficult.

First of all, there were never any W7 drivers for that model, you have to use the Vista drivers.

If you have the Vista recovery driver disk, perhaps you can get the drivers from that.

I can give you these W7 drivers so you can get connected to the internet...

You can use these W7 drivers for the quick launch buttons, wireless card, the wireless assistant, and the bluetooth.

Quick Launch Buttons

This package contains the software that enables the HP Quick Launch Buttons, which are special function keys on HP Notebooks. This software works with supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp49001-49500/sp49104.exe

Atheros AR5007 wireless card

This package contains the drivers for the supported Atheros Wireless LAN Adapters in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54972.exe

HP Wireless Assistant:

This package contains the HP Wireless Assistant for the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems. The HP Wireless Assistant is a user application that provides a way to control the enablement of individual wireless devices (such as Bluetooth, WLAN, or WWAN devices) and that shows the state of the radios for these wireless devices.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45222.exe

Bluetooth:

This package contains the software required to support the HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth Wireless Technology in supported notebook models running a supported operating system. The HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth Wireless Technology provides wireless connectivity to other devices from the integrated module of the supported notebooks. It also provides additional Bluetooth Profiles.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp47001-47500/sp47022.exe

You may be able to use some of the drivers from this webpage...

https://laptop-driver.blogspot.com/2010/11/compaq-presario-c700-windows-7-drivers.html

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP retired support for that model series because it is 10 or more years old.

So, finding drivers will be difficult.

First of all, there were never any W7 drivers for that model, you have to use the Vista drivers.

If you have the Vista recovery driver disk, perhaps you can get the drivers from that.

I can give you these W7 drivers so you can get connected to the internet...

You can use these W7 drivers for the quick launch buttons, wireless card, the wireless assistant, and the bluetooth.

Quick Launch Buttons

This package contains the software that enables the HP Quick Launch Buttons, which are special function keys on HP Notebooks. This software works with supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp49001-49500/sp49104.exe

Atheros AR5007 wireless card

This package contains the drivers for the supported Atheros Wireless LAN Adapters in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54972.exe

HP Wireless Assistant:

This package contains the HP Wireless Assistant for the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems. The HP Wireless Assistant is a user application that provides a way to control the enablement of individual wireless devices (such as Bluetooth, WLAN, or WWAN devices) and that shows the state of the radios for these wireless devices.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45222.exe

Bluetooth:

This package contains the software required to support the HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth Wireless Technology in supported notebook models running a supported operating system. The HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth Wireless Technology provides wireless connectivity to other devices from the integrated module of the supported notebooks. It also provides additional Bluetooth Profiles.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp47001-47500/sp47022.exe

You may be able to use some of the drivers from this webpage...

https://laptop-driver.blogspot.com/2010/11/compaq-presario-c700-windows-7-drivers.html

HP Recommended

thx for the reply paul,

I have not Vista recovery driver disk but I saved in my lapotp Vista 32Bit all drivers.

If hp retired my laptop series then can i use 32 bit vista drivers on the window 7 (64bit).

Are there any difference b/w 32 bit and 64 bit driver ?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Some of the 32 bit drivers will work if they also contain the 64 bit driver files.

If they don't then they won't work.

After you go through the drivers I posted and the ones from the link I posted, let me know what you still are missing, and I'll see what else I can do to help you out.

The drivers exist, but we have to hunt for them.

HP Recommended

thx for the guiding .

Now I installed 64 bit window7and  some of the 32 bit drivers are accepted but 4 drivers are not.

These four are--

(1) Driver-Storage (Intel Matrix Storage Manager) - sp38088,

(2) Driver-Audio - sp40762,

(3) Driver-Graphics - sp37983,

(4) Driver-Network (Intel PRO,Wireless Drivers for Microsoft Windows Vista) - sp38052

Well 1st three are necessary for me so, could u find them ?

I will be thank full to u.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

OK...I explored the audio driver file contents, and it does contain the 64 bit driver files.

So, see if this works...

Go to the device manager, click on the multimedia audio controller needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the driver file.  If you did not delete the installation folder, the driver will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp40762.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.  Then restart the PC.

The storage driver is not required, but here is the W7 x64 driver for it.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48001-48500/sp48491.exe

Graphics:  I think the Vista zip driver directly from Intel should work...

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/14429/Intel-Graphics-Media-Accelerator-Driver-for-Windows-...

You have to manually install this driver too.  Unzip the file to its folder, and do the same method as above from the standard vga adapter or the video controller (which ever is listed in the device manager).  The standard vga adapter would be listed under the display adapters device manager category.

Wifi:  This is the W7 x64 driver.  Should automatically install.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46501-47000/sp46817.exe

HP Recommended

thx paul u have a great knowledge about laptop.

1st & 2nd drivers r accepted now, according to your instruction,

3rd (the graphic driver) does not worked and I thought its not need,

4th one is also not worked but my wifi connected and runs smoothly.

sir paul, do you have an idea about that how can I use my memory card (4GB) as a additional RAM in my laptop ?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Try this graphics driver.  If it is the right one, it should just install automatically.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18228/Intel-Graphics-Media-Accelerator-Driver-for-Windows-...

If the wifi is working, then you are all set.  No need to update.

Memory upgrade...Yes, you can install 2 x 2 GB of PC2-5300, or PC2-6400 memory in your model, whichever is less expensive to buy.

PC2-6400 memory will run at the 667 MHz speed.

See this link for how to use a SD card for additional memory...

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/windows-7-enable-readyboost-using-sd-card/

HP Recommended

once again thx paul,

now the graphics driver worked perfectly.

according to you, I can upgrade my laptop RAM memory  but i donot know about the maximum memory acceptance of my laptop. Here local hp center said that you already use the max. capacity 2 GB ( both slots insert 1GB each) of the RAM acc. to your laptop model so, you cannot be upgarded.

if yes, then which one  RAM (Mz) according to my model ?

and Can I installed/upgrade a Graphic Card in my laptop upto 1 gb (Nvidia/ATI or Any other) ?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Nope, you're right.  Max is 1 x 1 GB.  Here is the manual...the memory upgrade info is in chapter 1 on page 2.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01301275.pdf

The reason I stated that yesterday is because I found this unofficial link where it says the max memory is 2 x 2 GB.

http://www.cyberindian.net/2008/10/04/compaq-presario-c795vu-notebook/

Compaq Presario C795VU Notebook PC Features

• Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5750, 2.0 GHz
  • Intel Enhanced SpeedStep Technology
  • 2 MB Level 2 cache, 667 MHz Bus speed
  • Intel 965GM Express Chipset Mainboard
  • 2-GB PC2-5300 DDR2 (667 MHz), 2 SODIMM Slots (maximum 4-GB)

Unfortunately, you cannot upgrade the graphics without replacing the motherboard for the one listed in the service manual that has the nvidia graphics.  And the manual doesn't specify which part number has the nvidia graphics.

Glad to have been of assistance, and I think that your notebook is now in the best operational condition it can be in.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.