Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15ay018hr
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
I'm unable to complete any type of reset or a system restore. It takes me thru the steps and then keeps saying there's an error or it just couldn't be done. No specific explanation. I'm not able to load the recovery disk the CD/DVD drive is broken. I tried using a thumb drive with the info but it's not working either any ideas or help available is appreciated. Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Have you tried tapping F11 immediately after powering on to boot into Recovery? See the last section -"Recovery when Windows does not start correctly":

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04758961#AbT9

To boot from dvd or usb -start tapping Esc key immediately after powering on. From the menu tap F9 boot options. Use arrow key to move down and select/highlight CD/DVD or USB then tap Enter key.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Have you tried tapping F11 immediately after powering on to boot into Recovery? See the last section -"Recovery when Windows does not start correctly":

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04758961#AbT9

To boot from dvd or usb -start tapping Esc key immediately after powering on. From the menu tap F9 boot options. Use arrow key to move down and select/highlight CD/DVD or USB then tap Enter key.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
Yes I did try your suggestion after getting your response and it's working out great. Thank you. I really appreciate your simple and clear explanation. I got lost in a loop when I finally asked my question so I didn't find the similar sections previously mentioned. Thanks again for responding & so quickly.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.