Did you mean: 
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Unauthorized medium with operating system

HP Recommended
HP 255 G7 R5-3500U
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When attempting a clean installation of the operating system from the installation flash, the computer reports an unauthorized medium and cannot be further installed. Please advise how to work around this.

3 REPLIES 3
Level 16
Level 16
28,502 28,422 2,606 6,241
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Tuton 

Is that the actual error message?

Asking because I've done hundreds of Windows installs and never run into that. 

Also, I did Internet searches with several different search engines and NONE of them came up with any hits on that error.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
So we're on the same page, I've also installed a lot of computers and never encountered anything like that. These are our school's laptops and I need a unified environment on them for better management.
0 Kudos
Level 16
Level 16
28,502 28,422 2,606 6,241
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Tuton 

I wish you had told us that up front -- because what you are talking about -- distributing an image across a base of installed systems -- is something we consider "commercial operations" and we don't provide support for that in these forums.

What you really need to do is read up on the tools Microsoft provides to create and deploy system images.  You would create an image of what you want to have on a PC, then you would package that and deploy it to the individual PCs.

it's been a long time since I used their tools and they have probably changed by now.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation