Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 1030 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday I had to use, due circumstances, the recovery image of HP. I noticed this image is quite old (Windows 10 version 3703) so it will take a long time to update my laptop. Is there a way to update the factory image with the Windows 10 version 1903 and with the latest drivers for my hardware?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

That is a tricky one.

My laptop originally had 4 partitions

efiBoot

C:

😧

E:

One of which was hidden to prevent problems, tampering etc.

So YES it is possible, however the scripts that run are very very picky about the hardware and structure etc.

So a separate / external media is my preference, and then the possibility of a repair or Over-the-Top install preserving data etc may be achievable.

W8 Repair.pngRecovery Reinstall.pngW7 and W10 Repair.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Add in a HP drvrs folder...

X:\>dir
Volume in drive X is Recovery
Directory of X:\

09/09/2019 16:24 128 autorun.inf
30/08/2019 16:41 2,411 BackupWindowsKey.txt
26/09/2019 11:08 <DIR> boot
09/09/2019 18:44 409,654 bootmgr
09/09/2019 18:44 1,509,688 bootmgr.efi
26/09/2019 11:08 <DIR> efi
09/08/2018 15:55 <DIR> HP_Drvrs
09/09/2019 18:44 73,904 setup.exe
26/09/2019 11:13 <DIR> sources
26/09/2019 11:13 <DIR> support

to your own DVD/USB.

HP Recommended

And is it also possible to update the D:\recovery drive that people can access by pressing F11 due booting the laptop?

HP Recommended

Hi

That is a tricky one.

My laptop originally had 4 partitions

efiBoot

C:

😧

E:

One of which was hidden to prevent problems, tampering etc.

So YES it is possible, however the scripts that run are very very picky about the hardware and structure etc.

So a separate / external media is my preference, and then the possibility of a repair or Over-the-Top install preserving data etc may be achievable.

W8 Repair.pngRecovery Reinstall.pngW7 and W10 Repair.png

HP Recommended

I did something else with the recovery image. I made a backup of the entire C-drive and sended it to my NAS as a destination point. It all backupped perfectly.

Since you told me that updating the factory image is a tricky job it brought me on some ideas, like creating a new one and send it to different storage.

Thank you for your help.

HP Recommended

Hi

I have an X: partition where the recovery image I made is kept.

This can updated with every W10 iso release and HP driver update.  Because having a Recovery media that contains W10 1503 is time wasting to install and have updates done immediately to 1903.

Parts of My Disk.png

So you seem to have an excellent recovery method.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.