Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
2 in 1 10-p0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After many prompts lasting several months, I finally bit the bullet yesterday and updated the OS on my 2-in-1 tablet/PC netbook 10-p0XX to WIndows 10 version H2. As it only has a 32GB SS hard drive I had to do this via a USB stick with the full install loaded form my desktop HP PC.  After waiting an age it finally installed but now (1) I have no sound, (2) I have no touchscreen functionality and (3) the battery level gauge is missing from the taskbar. I cannot get  anywhere using the HP diagnostics /support assistant programmes or Windows Update or trying to update device drivers through Device Manager. I have been onto the Windows 10 support pages  but Microsoft say I need to refer to HP because of the numerous incompatibility issues between H2 and this model of PC.... not a great help and I wish they had made this clear beforehand !

So anyone got any idea how I can get these 3 features to work again, or how do I revert back to a previous Windows 10 version where they will work - I cannot "restore" as I did a full new install that wiped everything due to space limitations?

No idea what other problems may be lurking for me to find out !

Note that I originally bought this 2-in-1 originally to replace an old "original" Microsoft Surface which became an expensive brick because Microsoft would not update or support RT8.1

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@CJAM 

If you'd come here ahead of time and asked about this, I would have provided you a link to instructions for backing off your HP drivers to USB media.  With that, you could then have used an MS tool to download an older version of Win10, create install media from that, and then restore your HP drivers from the backup.

But now, while you can still get the MS media, you have no backup of your drivers.

If you want to create the media and reinstall an older version of Win10 anyway, then let me know.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Well, seeing as I am ina right black hole now, yes please can you let me know how to create media to reinstall an older version of Win 10 that may still work and restore sound plus touchscreen functionality etc, please

HP Recommended

@CJAM 

OK, so first off, you need to decide what older version of Windows 10 you want -- that is important because the tool I will recommend requires you to enter the version and build number to create the ISO file.  You can see some version and build numbers from the MS post:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/   Click the release information button to see release details.

Then, once you have identified the release and build you want, read this post I wrote about using UUPDUMP to create and download the ISO file:  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/Getting-older-builds-of-Windows-10-from-Micro...

Once you have the ISO file locally, then download and use the free RUFUS tool to create a bootable USB stick from it.  You can get RUFUS from here: https://rufus.ie/

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you . ..... I am in my 60's and it all looks a little daunting and very technical. It's as if Microsoft and HP expect everyone who uses a computer to have a degree in IT or computing these days ! All I have done is followed the repetitive instructions Microsoft gave out to update the OS and I am left with a laptop/2-in-1 that has now lost significant functionality and is almost unusable (I can no longer listen to any videos as there is no sound, I cannot re-size any video windows as the touchscreen functionality has gone). Plus all these activities take up so much time.  I will see if I can try to follow the instructions later this week or next week, meantime I remain very annoyed at the whole update experience

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.