Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 6 (523 Views)

Updating Bios

Product Name: Pavilion 15-e017tx Notebook
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, My laptop is Pavilion 15-e017tx Notebook and i need to update the bios. After downloading the .exe file in the installation wizard it showed "options for creatin partition as recomended  " & "proceed without creatin the partition".

What should i do. I dont have the recovery parition drive in my laptop as i formatted it by mistake. What shold i do. Or can i proceed without any partition create and i want to know actually what is created in the partition. ThanksBios.jpg

0 Kudos
Grad Student
Message 2 of 6 (506 Views)

Re: Updating Bios

Your laptop with Windows 10 installed has no updates for anything including the BIOS. Only updates for Windows 8x and 7. 

The latest BIOS version is F.24A

I have updated BIOS a number of times but have never come across the installer asking about creating partitions.

Top Student
Message 3 of 6 (428 Views)

I have downloaded the bios update .exe file from hp website so durin installation it is asking for this. And i am usin win 10 now.My bios version/date is      Insyde F.24 , 19-11-2014   . The available update is 

F.24 A   Mar 1, 2016

well the windows 8.1 iselected from the dropdown menu as no win 10 option was there. I want to know what should i do in order to proceed . Well thanks a lot for ur response.Smiley Happy

Grad Student
Message 4 of 6 (376 Views)

If you look at the details tab dropdown for F.24A the release date is November 28  2014. Previous versions are F.15, F.21 and F.23. The March 1st 2016 date is just a list update. The F.24 bios is the same BIOS as the F.24A, so you are trying to install a  BIOS version that is already installed.

Also as you have noted there is NO Windows 10 option on the dropdown menu. Therefore there are NO updates of ANY kind for you Windows 10 system.

Top Student
Message 5 of 6 (304 Views)

Yes i got that. Actually am having problems  in my right mouse pad button as its sometime not working so the service engineer recomended me to get the bios update. So am trying to update. Well i just want to update is it possible or not for updating the bios ? And my question is same as initially i have mentioned regarding the installation. Anyway thanks a lot for reply. Man Wink Man Happy

Grad Student
Message 6 of 6 (221 Views)

Re partition . Always  choose "Create partition" simply saves a copy of the old BIOS in case you need to go back to it if the new BIOS fails. HP BIOS updates I have completed have always done this automatically anyway.

BUT in your case you already have the latest BIOS so no need to update it. Your touchpad problem is likely hardware or driver related.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation