03-27-2014 05:52 AM
I have a Probook 6530B that runs on WinXP. With support for XP running out soon, I need to upgrade to a newer Windows version. I ran the Microsoft Windows 8 upgrade assistant and I think I can't upgrade to this version because the 6530b's CPU doesn't have an NX bit (?)
That leaves Windows 7. How can I upgrade my laptop to Windows 7? If I can purchase an original copy of the Windows 7 installation CD/DVD, can I do the upgrade directly? If I need to get the upgrade from HP, how can I get it?
I would appreciate any help anyone can give. Thanks.
03-28-2014 01:48 PM - last edited on 03-06-2017 11:07 AM by OscarFuentes
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP Probook 6530b and needing a copy of Windows 7. I would purchase it from a Software distributer or directly. Once you have it installed I would make a CD recovery. If you need any drivers for Windows 7 and your Notebook here is the driver page.
Hope this helps.
I work on behalf of HP
03-31-2014 05:33 AM
HP has a website for customers who need to upgrade from Windows XP to higher versions. They have options to switch to both Windows 7 and Windows 8. You can check it out at the following link:
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)