Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6 2119TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I upgraded my HP from Windows 7 32 bit to Windows 10 32 bit. The notebook is very slow. I upgraded the RAM to 8 gig but only 2.99 gig is usable in a 32 bit operating system. I understand that the problem would be fixed and it could use all the avalable RAM if I was using the 64 bit version of Windows. I see that the processor would support 64 bit but I am unsure if the other components in the system would be supported. Given that this notebook came with Windows 7 32 pre installed, can I instal Windows 10 64 bit on it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI,

Yes you can install Windows 10 64bit on it. You can also see that in the support page originally there where also drivers for windows 7 64-bit. Your system is totally compatible with 64-bit operating system. You will need to perform a clean install of Windows 10 on your system. You can get the OS by downloading the media creation tool from Microsoft and runnning  to create a bootable usb pendrive.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Windows will be automatically activated once installed as long as you install the same edition as was already on PC (Home or Pro). After installation let Windows update and find the drivers for your system.

Let me know if you need further help,

David

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HI,

Yes you can install Windows 10 64bit on it. You can also see that in the support page originally there where also drivers for windows 7 64-bit. Your system is totally compatible with 64-bit operating system. You will need to perform a clean install of Windows 10 on your system. You can get the OS by downloading the media creation tool from Microsoft and runnning  to create a bootable usb pendrive.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Windows will be automatically activated once installed as long as you install the same edition as was already on PC (Home or Pro). After installation let Windows update and find the drivers for your system.

Let me know if you need further help,

David

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help David. I installed Windows 10 64 bit edition sucessfully on the weekend.

HP Recommended

Your welcome.

Let me know if you need any further help.

All the best,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.