Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a dv5 1334ca laptop. I have problem with the webcam. Skype does not reconize it. And when it does it is only for a few seconds, then it is cut of and windows pops up a message saying that there is a USB device that it does not recognize.

Among my drivers I have the Video controller that is not installed (I checked the device manager). What is that driverÉ I installed almost all drivers on the website. But none of them worked.

By the way I have a vista 32 bits installed on it. And I installed the SP2.

I appreciate any help I can have...

Thanks in advance....

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi!!.

Can you provide the device instance ID?

To get the ID, right click on Video Controller driver and select properties. Then select details tab. From the drop down list select device instance ID.

HP Recommended

From what you are describing, it is not driver issue but USB issue. The webcam is connected to USB header on the systemboard...The USB power management is suspending the webcam, but not able to wake it up again...I would suggest going to USB Root Hub and Uncheck "Allow the Computer to turn of this device to save power" on all hubs and check.... plus driver from webcam is located in C:\Windows\system 32\drivers\usbvideo.sys

On the Driver front, if you are sure that your are missing video driver... you can download it from here... ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45501-46000/sp45601.exe

It would be great, if you can post screenshot of the device manager, if you are missing any more driver...

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
HP Recommended

Hi,

thank you for your help

well I didn`t find the device instance ID. However I got the hardware ID and I got more than one

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A43&SUBSYS_3602103C&REV_07
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A43&SUBSYS_3602103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A43&CC_038000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A43&CC_0380

thank you

HP Recommended

Hi , this would help u a lot. Download free trial everest ultimate edition and run it to identify what VGA driver your system has thru this link  http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/EVEREST-Ultimate-Edition.shtml. 

Besides like cyclops suggested upload a copy of yur device manager so I can see as well.

GOODLUCK,

************Click Kudos if this helps *****

HP Recommended

@twinky8 wrote:

Hi,

thank you for your help

well I didn`t find the device instance ID. However I got the hardware ID and I got more than one

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A43&SUBSYS_3602103C&REV_07
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A43&SUBSYS_3602103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A43&CC_038000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A43&CC_0380

thank you

This is intel graphics card... Here is the driver for the same... 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45501-46000/sp45601.exe

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
HP Recommended

Hi!

Thanks for the hardware ID's from the hardware ID's it seems that the graphics chip installed in your notebook is 'Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family' . You can install the driver from the link below :

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19333&lang=eng

Thank you.

HP Recommended

1099i2022EB2E3C3CCD831098i3B3DB81E479C473D

Hi,

I attached the message from MediaSmart, the webcam software of HP.

Now when I tried installing the driver, it gives a message that I don`t have minimum requirements. I attached a snap shot of the message along with system management...

Thanks for the help...

HP Recommended

1100i0C522404FFB3D9C3

I tried to install the chipset driver,but I get the above error message...

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try this driver.

http://www.devid.info/en/4151/

Download the file

Thanks.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.