Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 7 (100 Views)

WIN 7 ISO IMAGE (DISC OR USB)

Product Name: Compaq Presario CQ57-400 Notebook PC series
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

SO MY HARD DRIVE DIED. REPLACED IT EASY PEASY, BUT NOTICED THAT THERE WAS NO RECOVERY DISC WITH MY ORIGINAL PACKAGING.  ODDLY ENOUGH CAN'T FIN A LINK ON HP'S SITE EITHER.  CAN ANYONE CLUE ME IN WHERE TO FIND A USEABLE COPY OF THE WINDOWS 7 ISO IMAGE (DISC, DOWNLOAD, OR USB)?

0 Kudos
PhD Student
Message 2 of 7 (91 Views)

Re: WIN 7 ISO IMAGE (DISC OR USB)

HI.

What version of windows 7 are you looking for? .. Although you should know that the best option is to buy the recovery discs of your computer, as well as a license since the previous OEM, is one activation.

Regards.

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 7 (87 Views)

HOME PREMIUM 64-BIT, IF PURCHASING NEW IS A BETTER OPTION, WHY DO THEY WASTE TIME W/ ACTIVATION KEY TO BEGIN WITH?

Highlighted
PhD Student
Message 4 of 7 (82 Views)

That question is difficult, the original installations are pre-installed, you must do it if you buy one thing or another.

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.
Provost
Message 5 of 7 (72 Views)

Hi, @ANGRIFIED

Unfortunately, Microsoft does not allow for the download of W7 OEM operating systems.

They only allow for the downloading of W7 if you have a W7 retail product key.

If you live in the USA, this non-HP vendor may have a set of W7 recovery disks for your model, but you will need to enter the exact model number or product number of your notebook in the search window.

The product number can normally be found on the same label as the serial number.

http://www.computersurgeons.com/

Honor Student
Message 6 of 7 (66 Views)

THANK YOU WILL HAVE A LOOK.

Provost
Message 7 of 7 (64 Views)

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation