09-18-2013 12:38 PM
The Greek Windows XP that were preinstalled in my hp mini are corrupt - probably by virus - and now I can't turn my notebook on. It works with ubuntu etc but I want to reinstall the windows. The problem is that the sticker at the back has faded and I can't read the product key. Can you help me?
09-18-2013 12:55 PM
Unfortunately, neither HP nor Microsoft will provide you with a replacement XP product key, nor do they keep a record of the product keys assigned to any PC's.
You can call HP in Greece and see if you can order recovery disks for your notebook at the link below.
If HP no longer has them, you will have to purchase a supported Windows operating system.
I recommend Windows 7 Home Premium for your notebook.
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)