Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ProBook 4530s
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

There is no more disk space on HP_Recovery (E) disk and the machine is running too slow despite reinstalling the OS and creating more disk space.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The Recovery Partition is present for restoring the PC to factory condition.  It should also give the user the resources to make the Recovery media set which should/would do the same thing.  If it restores Windows 7 to the laptop and it still is malfunctioning, then perhaps there is a hardware problem.

BTW: The Recovery Partition is meant to be full

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

The Recovery Partition is present for restoring the PC to factory condition.  It should also give the user the resources to make the Recovery media set which should/would do the same thing.  If it restores Windows 7 to the laptop and it still is malfunctioning, then perhaps there is a hardware problem.

BTW: The Recovery Partition is meant to be full

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your contribution. I guess I have to do the restore process and assess the results.

HP Recommended

Hie, I just did a hardware test and the result I got was

" Hard Disk Test failed

Disk not installed" 

HP Recommended

Hie, I just did a hardware test and the result I got was

" Hard Disk Test failed

Disk not installed" 

What does this imply and whats the best way forward for me?

HP Recommended

That would indicate the hard drive has failed and needs to be replaced.  I hope you took the hint and made the Recovery Media disk set because now you will need them to get everything back to original with the new hard drive.

BTW: that is probably the reason the PC was slowing down because the hard drive was having problems.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanx again for the contribution. Will have to organize for the replacement.

HP Recommended

What are the main causes of hard drive failure?

HP Recommended

There are many contributing factors that lead to hard drive failure.  Some are due to rough handling - which is likely in a laptop.  Another reason is old age - that laptop is fairly old for a laptop.  And, of course it just failed because it is a piece of equipment.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.