07-22-2012 04:42 PM
Yesterday my laptop (G60-552NR Notebook) wouldn't start up for some reason. I have Windows 7, 64 bit. It normally boots up, showing the Windows/Microsoft logos. But when it gets to the part where I'm supposed to log in, the screen turns black, and all you have is the mouse. I have ran the start up test, the system memory test and the hard disk test passes too. Is it an OS problem? I have a recovery disk,a repair disk, and the system image disks, do I need to used these? Thanks.
07-22-2012 06:07 PM
Sounds like an OS issue.
I would try the repair disk first.
If that doesn't work, try your system image disk if you made that with your preserved files and added programs.
If you run the recovery disk, all of your data will be lost.
Run the recovery disk as a last resort.
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)