07-01-2016 10:36 PM
I recently downgraded from windows 8 to windows 7 64 bit. I have managed to install most of the drivers but the wifi won't turn on. When i troubleshoot it says WIFI hasn't been turned on. The wifi button on the keyboard shows a solid white light and it won't turn on or off when i press it, it seems it is stuck. Universal Serial Bus (USB) controller is not yet installed and it shows up with yellow exclamation mark in the device manager. I have tried sp66089.exe sp64950.exe from HP website.
I hvae attached a picture of the device manager screen.
07-02-2016 07:24 AM
I think the inbuilt wifi hardware has failed. I tried a external wifi TPLINK usb thing, it is working. Actually inbuilt wifi was not working earlier (with win 8) either. My only issue is now that the wifi light wont turn off on the wifi button. Anyway that's not much of a issue.
07-02-2016 07:32 AM
For the USB3 driver, download, unzip and run the setup.exe file from the link below.
I tend to agree with you that if the wlan card wasn't working before, it probably is a hardware issue of some kind.
Although it is odd that the card shows up normally in the device manager.
Just for kicks, here is the latest ralink wlan driver you can try...
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)