Post new question
Question

Tutor
Message 1 of 4 (138 Views)

Wifi won't turn ON Windows downgrade from 8 to 7

Product Name: Pavallion g7
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I recently downgraded from windows 8 to windows 7 64 bit. I have managed to install most of the drivers but the wifi won't turn on. When i troubleshoot it says WIFI hasn't been turned on. The wifi button on the keyboard shows a solid white light and it won't turn on or off when i press it, it seems it is stuck. Universal Serial Bus (USB) controller is not yet installed and it shows up with yellow exclamation mark in the device manager. I have tried sp66089.exe sp64950.exe from HP website.

I hvae attached a picture of the device manager screen. IMG_3399.JPG

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (100 Views)

Re: Wifi won't turn ON Windows downgrade from 8 to 7

Hi:

Does your notebook have an amd or Intel processor?

Tutor
Message 3 of 4 (98 Views)

Intel.

I think the inbuilt wifi hardware has failed. I tried a external wifi TPLINK usb thing, it is working. Actually inbuilt wifi was not working earlier (with win 8) either. My only issue is now that the wifi light wont turn off on the wifi button. Anyway that's not much of a issue.

Provost
Message 4 of 4 (93 Views)

Hi:

For the USB3 driver, download, unzip and run the setup.exe file from the link below.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/21129/USB-3-0-Driver-Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Control...

I tend to agree with you that if the wlan card wasn't working before, it probably is a hardware issue of some kind.

Although it is odd that the card shows up normally in the device manager.

Just for kicks, here is the latest ralink wlan driver you can try...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71525.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation