Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 17-s143cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been trying to update my HP Envy 17 to Windows 10 1903 and I keep getting the same error 0xc1900101-0x30018. I am currently running Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version: 17134.1099. Does anyone have the same problem?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The most likely causes of this error are:

• Incompatible antivirus or other security program or utility software

• Incompatible driver or hardware

Windows 10 version 1903 system requirements

• Processor: 1GHz or faster CPU or System on a Chip (SoC)
  • Memory: 1GB for 32-bit or 2GB for 64-bit
  • Hard drive space: 32GB clean install or new PC (16 GB for 32-bit or 20 GB for 64-bit existing installation).
  • Graphics: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
  • Display: 800×600

Some basic steps to try if you receive this error:

• Try temporarily disabling or uninstalling your antivirus software and turning off any 3rd-party firewall software you have running and see if the upgrade will succeed.

• If you are using a Wi-Fi connection, try switching to a wired connection using a network cable, and disable or uninstall your wireless network card.

• Remove any connected USB devices (except the keyboard and mouse) when attempting the upgrade.

• Open a Command Prompt (Admin), and type sfc /scannow to check for any damaged system files.

• Make sure you’ve installed all the latest Windows Updates and latest drivers and updates from your hardware and software manufacturers.  Check your motherboard manufacturer’s website for any BIOS updates for Windows 10. Uninstall any unnecessary hardware or software prior to upgrading to Windows 10. 

If you’ve tried all of these steps and are still experiencing this error when upgrading,  try out more methods

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.