Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6-7000 Entertainment Notebook PC series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just installed windows 10 from USB flash.
When it prompted and asked me if i want to upgrade or do clean installation, i chose Clean, and afterwards, i deleted all the partitions.
Now windows is not activated and the Key on the back of my PC is not working.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

A clean install is an operating system (OS) installation that overwrites all other content on the hard disk. Unlike a typical OS upgrade, a clean install removes the current operating system and user files during the installation process.

Before you resolve the Windows 10 won’t activate after reinstall problem, it is important to note the following:

• Windows 10 uses its own unique product key
  • Windows 10 builds are pre-keyed so you need not enter a product key as long as you upgraded from an activated older version of Windows
  • If you are prompted to enter a product key, click Do this later and give it a few days, Windows 10 will activate automatically
  • Activation servers get overwhelmed so give it some time and it’ll activate as long as your upgrade is genuine
  • The copy of Windows 10 you download must correspond with the edition of Windows you are upgrading from

Following these tip and see if it helps.

1. Restart your computer and try activating it again.
  2. Give it a few days and Windows 10 should automatically activate itself.
  3. If prompted to enter a product key after reinstalling Windows 10, select Do this later and Windows will reactivate in a few days, automatically.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.