Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-ap012dx Spectre Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP 15-ap012dx (All drivers and BIOS are up-to-date) will not update to the May 2019 version 1903 update. Restores during the first reboot. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @PhilOh

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Click on this link to run Windows Updates troubleshooter.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I got a private email reply from someone at HP suggesting I run the troubleshooter- thank you.

I have done/run the troubleshooter numerous times. I have tried many of the online suggestions, community suggestions and Microsoft's suggested plan to prepare for the update.

In addition, i wanted to buy a touch pen for this touchscreen laptop(not related, but the straw that breaks the camel's back) for some classes I am taking, but discovered that they are no longer available and the aftermarket ones I tried do not work.

I have just decided to sell the laptop and move on to an iPad or some other manufacturer who supports their products better.  Too bad, I have been an HP fan since my first calculator in the early 1970's. 

HP Recommended

@PhilOh

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply and the escalation of my issue to a team. Please de-escalate it.  I have listed the item for sale and am no longer interested in pursuing an answer to my problem.  Take good care...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.