Post new question
Question
Windows 10 Upgrade Screen Flickering Problem
Replies (74)

Student
Message 71 of 75 (1,364 Views)

Re: Windows 10 Upgrade Screen Flickering Problem

I tried the safe mode/disable fingrer print sensor idea but no luck.  After the Win10 upgrade my HP probook 455 g1 works normally except after a Win+L sign off for security reasons or when I wake it from a sleeping mode.  Hitting ESC repeatedly finally breaks the cycle but surely HP must know what the problem is by now right?

Top Student
Message 72 of 75 (1,355 Views)

Been using hp compters and printers for more than 20 years but I've decided I will never purchase another. Ever. CustomerCustomer service is non-existant -- Win10 upgrade disabled a USB port and hp refuses to offer drivers for a computer that was barwly 2 years old at the time. The only help I've recieved at all is from fellow owners -- and USB port still doesn't work (found the same issue on other support threads where the companies provided liknks to driver updates. Acer was one of those companies, but not hp!)That said, if I'm remembering correctly disabling the fingerprint sensor was a temporary fix like you describe. Ultimately I had to uninstal the AMD Radeon HD display adaptor in device manager. Fixed the issue immediately. Via the AMD site I tried a combination of drivers and driver packages to also fix the USB port. Somewhere in all my trying (worked in6 this for 2 months at least) the AMD Raeon display adaptor reinstalled but the flicker has never come back. I also did: device manager/monitors/Generic PnP Monitor/disable somewhere in that mess and it's still disabled months later. I apologize for not recalling the exact fix but it's in here somewhere and it's related to the display adaptor and or monitor. May the force be with you!
Top Student
Message 73 of 75 (1,349 Views)

Been using hp compters and printers for more than 20 years but I've decided I will never purchase another. Ever. Customer service is non-existant -- Win10 upgrade disabled a USB port and hp refuses to offer drivers for a computer that was barely 2 years old at the time. The only help I've recieved at all is from fellow owners -- and USB port still doesn't work (found the same issue on other support threads where the companies provided links to driver updates. Acer was one of those companies, but not hp!)That said, if I'm remembering correctly disabling the fingerprint sensor was a temporary fix. Ultimately I had to uninstall the AMD Radeon HD display adaptor in device manager. Fixed the issue immediately. Via the AMD site I tried a combination of drivers and driver packages to also fix the USB port. Somewhere in all my trying (worked on this for 2 months at least) the AMD Raeon display adaptor reinstalled but the flicker has never come back. I also did: device manager/monitors/Generic PnP Monitor/disable somewhere in that mess and it's still disabled months later. I apologize for not recalling the exact fix but it's in here somewhere and it's related to the display adaptor and or monitor. I OWN AND USE 2 LAPTOPS, 2 DESKTOPS, AND A CHEAPO RCA TABLET. ALL OF THEM UPGRADED to win10 within days of one another (from win7 Pro and 8.1 Pro and Home) and the only one with issues is the HP. The only one with issues is the HP. See the problem? The problem isn't Windows. May the force be with you!
Intern
Message 74 of 75 (1,344 Views)

I'm with you when you say you're never going to buy another HP product, even though I've seen some very tempting ads on TV for their latest laptop. I installed Win10 the first day it became available and all was well until my notebook went into sleep mode. It took forever to revert back to Win7 and you can see my comments at the beginning of this thread. HP support wanted $100 simply to answer my question as to whether my Pavillion m6 notebook was compatible with Win10 and whether it was ok to unstall the upgraded Intel graphics driver to override the HP-customized driver on my machine. I did not pay the fee nor did I install the Intel driver for fear that it would totally disable my OS. It was not until recently, almost a year later, that HP admitted that notebooks that were built just a few months before mine were the cutoff point for products getting HP support and upgraded graphics drivers to make them compatible with Win10. That leaves me with a machine that will be stuck with Win7 forever. This is why I've come to hate HP.

Honor Student
Message 75 of 75 (605 Views)

I have also same isssu with 15-au113tx 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation