Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've just upgraded to Windows 10 and am now having an issue when switching between using the keyboard and the touchpad. There is a delay of a few seconds every time which is maddening! So far I've gone into the mouse settings and changed the delay setting for the touchpad to 'no delay' but it hasn't made any difference. Can anyone help?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello @Davo_D,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that you are having an issue with the delay between the Keyboard and TouchPad.  I will be happy to assist you with this!

To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number: How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

In the meantime, have you tried using the Windows Update, to check for drivers that will work with Windows 10?  You can check this site as well: HP Products - Where Do I Find Windows 10 Drivers and Software for My Model?

If you are having trouble installing the drivers, you can use the tool at the following site: 

Open the Windows Update troubleshooter

It is possible that drivers may not be available for your product.  If that is the case, or the drivers you found are not working, try using the solutions on this site as a workaround, and let me know how it goes: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Please let me know if this information was helpful by clicking the thumbs up below.  If this post resolved your issue, then please click on Accept as Solution.

Have a great weekend!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I am also having this problem. I have an HP Envy 14  laoptop.

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue with my Envy dv7-7398ca Notebook.  I have run Windows Update and looked on the HP site for driver updates and can't find anything newer than what was installed with the OS upgrade.

SOLVED

I figured out how to fix the problem by watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XnCqPV3BsM

Go to: Settings->Devices->Mouse and touchpad->Additional Mouse Options

Go to the TouchPad tab

Click Settings

Go to the Advanced tab

Move the Palm Check Threshold slider to Min

Please watch: "HOW TO SET UP YOUR TWITCH STREAM USING OBS QUICK AND EASY" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU7NZyZif8U --~-- Hey Guys! Alex here from Toxic Gaming and today I will show you how to fix the delay problem with the Synaptics Trackpad/Touchpad on Windows 8. I hated this problem until I ...
HP Recommended

Thanks, KwanJoo, that solved it for me.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for posting this. I've been fighting this for months now and this was a very quick fix. Whoever decided this needed to be a thing in Windows needs to be demoted. Thanks again!

HP Recommended

Even though this solved the problem, it has created a new one. Now it doesn't take anything for an errant touch of the mousepad to put the cursor somewhere else  on the screen. VERY ANNOYING!

HP Recommended

Thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU! I've also suffered with this for weeks. Quick fix.

HP Recommended

I found this video much more helpful. The video referenced in an earlier reply was for Windows8. This is for Windows 10

https://youtu.be/KQixLSBPofU

HP Recommended

Yes--from one problem to another. I really hope that Microsoft fully addresses this problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.