Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbcobbster
Level 1
3 1 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Windows 10 laptop used to shut down and power off. Now it won't power off.

HP Recommended
W2N19UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Model 17y003cy running Win 10 x64 Home 2004. My laptop used to power down when I performed a Shutdown from Windows. Now, the power light remains on, and I have to press and hold the power button for it to power off. I CAN hold shift while clicking Shutdown, and it will power off. However, this performs a cold boot and bypasses the Fast Startup feature, which I want to keep, as it boots in 19 seconds with it enabled. Anyone have this problem and resolved it, while retaining Fast Startup? Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
dbcobbster
Author
Level 1
3 1 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Found the fix for my issue. A Windows update had set "Allow hybrid sleep" to ON. Once I changed it to OFF and rebooted, my laptop could shutdown AND power off. Fast startup worked as well. I am shocked that Microsoft created this issue.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation