Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, lately I had this weird issue with my system when the battery says "0% available, plugged in, charging." 

I have tried a lot of different methods to try and solve this issue and nothing changed. (please note that my battery is non-removable).

I am 100% sure than my battery is not damaged because of the following:

1. My laptop is less than 2 months old.

2. My laptop has never gotten overheated nor i have used the laptop while my laptop is connected to the charger.

3. A lot of people suffer from the same issue (specially HP  users.)

4. I had this problem right after I updated my windows, which makes me sure it's a windows/system problem.

Please help me, my laptop is new and I have tried my best to keep it safe and clean. Thanks.

-Fahed

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@thank you for posting on HP Community,

For an accurate solution I'll need more details:

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: Click here 

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.)

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

Did you run a hardware test on the computer using the F2 key during a restart?

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned on this link: Click here

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

To thank me for my efforts to help you,

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, I am so sorry for the late response.

I have tried all the steps and nothing worked. I have been suffering from this issue for over 2-3 weeks now. 

My product ID is: 5CD9161TL7

thank you for your response. 

HP Recommended

@FahedSebai I understand and I'm here only to help you get through this, once and for all:

And here's what I suggest we do:

Unplug the charge, Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager:

1) In the search box, type and open “Device Manager”.

2) Expand “Batteries”.

3) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.

4) Click on “Uninstall”.

5) At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver

6) Shutdown the computer.

7) Remove the battery for a minute and then put it back in.

8 - When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.

9) Go to Device Manager.

10) Expand Batteries.

11) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.

12) Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"

Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller.

If the issue persists check this link: Click here and also, run a battery and adapter test using the steps mentioned in this link: Click here

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.