Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-af131dx (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

HP Notebook - 15-af131dx (ENERGY STAR)

Product # P1A95UAA#ABA S/N-[Personal Information Removed]

Notebook boots to choose option screen. Tried all options and cannot get windows 10 to boot and cannot get into safe mode.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I recommend that you run the diagnostics test for the hard drive.

Boot up the PC, press the ESC key to get the menu of options.

Select the F2 diagnostics option for the hard drive and see what it reports.

If the drive passes the tests, you will most likely have to reinstall W10.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

I recommend that you run the diagnostics test for the hard drive.

Boot up the PC, press the ESC key to get the menu of options.

Select the F2 diagnostics option for the hard drive and see what it reports.

If the drive passes the tests, you will most likely have to reinstall W10.

HP Recommended

Is it giving any BSOD with error code/message? Microsoft allows Windows users to create a Windows installation USB drive with the help of the Media Creation Tool. This installation media can be used to install, reinstall and repair Windows, or to upgrade to Windows 10 from previous versions. But, if the USB drive, created using Media Creation Tool, fails to boot a crashed/failed or non-bootable Windows 10 PC. You can apply different methods to fix this error such as changing boot priority and recreation of installation media. Moving further, I suggest you to check the below link that will help you to create bootable recovery drive: https://www.stellarinfo.com/support/kb/index.php/article/recover-data-from-unbootable-system 

Hope it will help.

HP Recommended

I ran a complete diagnostics test on the laptop, and everything passed. What you recommend are the best way to reinstall windows -10. I do not have a DVD of windows 10.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. Windows 10 is installed and running find.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.