Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-dc0975nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello kind people of the HP forums!
I have a rather annoying problem on my hands. First of all, here's the information about my PC!
Product name : OMEN by HP Laptop 15-dc0xxx
Product number : 3YA59EA#ABH
Serial number : [personal info removed]
Software build ID : 18WW14MT602#SABH#DABH
Motherboard ID : 84DA
BIOS : F.05-06/15/2018
Keyboard revision : v93.18
Total memory : 24GB
Processor name : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz

Alright, now onto my problem. A few weeks ago my system suggested I'd update to windows 11, and after checking if my computer was compatible I went ahead with the update as suggested, since everything seemed to be in order. The moment the update finished, my computer got stuck in a repeating boot up loop, displaying the BIOS screen along with the text Bios update failed. Restarting.
But it wouldn't restart. At all. It would just shut down, start back up, display that screen again. Rinse and repeat, endlessly, without any way to intervene. Now, I'm not a total idiot when it comes to computers, but I'm not exactly versed in anything this advanced, so I ran to the internet for help while panicking. I found an article laying out the step by step process for doing a factory reset and followed it, since it was the only option that I could find besides giving up.

It wiped my laptop clean. I lost everything. Which ofcourse is very distressing. But at least I could use my laptop again. I updated it to windows 10, and left it at that, since I was far too afraid to attempt a system update again. But ever since this incident my laptop has been glitching a lot ( it never used to do so before ) so i took a look at the device manager and noticed that my System Firmware had an exclamation mark attached to it. Now, like i said before, I'm no IT expert, so I decided to ask for help here. The windows 11 update included a firmware update, and since it's clearly not working properly one would think the update was required to fix the glitching, But if i go ahead with the update it'll just screw up my entire laptop again. So I'm honestly lost as to what I'm supposed to do.

When looking at the firmware error, it says : 

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Indicates a revision number encountered or specified is not one known by the service. It may be a more recent revision than the service is aware of.

I am smart enough to know when to not mess with things you have no knowledge over, so I am humbly asking for advice. What's wrong? What do I need to do? And how am I to do it?

Thank you in advance! 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

What is the current state of your laptop?

Can you pass all diagnostics?

Tap the ESC key after powering on and press F2 to run diagnostics.

If you can pass diagnostics then do a factory restore of your system using your full product ID: 3YA59EA#ABH

BeemerBiker_1-1716039180179.png

Go to the below site and enter your product ID including the 3 characters after the # character
If you have cloud recovery you can restore your system using a 32gb flash.
It may take an hour or more to create the recovery USB.
https://d34z73bbtpzgej.cloudfront.net/

Click here for instructions.

Once you get the system restored you can try another win11 upgrade.

Do a backup first

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-system-image-in-windows-11-and...

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Hello! Thanks for replying!

My laptop is in working order at the moment. When the bios update failed ( the one included in the WIN11 update and that I didn't mean to initiate ) I already was forced to do a factory reset and start over from scratch with everything wiped from my computer. It worked, but there's been glitches, and windows update keeps trying to push for me to get the WIN11 update again.
So if i'm understanding correctly, you want me to power off, then back on and press esc+F2 at the same time to run diagnostics? Because the computer is currently being used, it works alright, just a lot of glitches and in the device manager it says the firmware isn't working right.

HP Recommended

Do not update bios unless you can pass UEFI diagnostics.  Do not update your bios from any Microsoft update.  Update only from HP.  Any update to BIOS is dangerous.  If something goes wrong and you are not in warranty the system will not be repairable.  Your F.04 is dated Jun 15, 2018 and the latest bios for your 3YA59EA#ABH is F.19 and Jan 9, 2023

From looking at the release history there are significant changes to the bios and it is likely the bios needs to be upgrade for windows 11 and other features to work correctly.  

There may be differences in the way diagnostics are run.

On many HP system you tap the ESC key after powering on.

A menu appears and F2 is used to run diagnostics.

Do not update the BIOS if you fail disk or memory tests.

If you are running windows 11 then no need to do that cloud restore.

HP releases newer UEFI diagnostics periodically.
When you select F2 during boot you are requesting UEFI diagnostics.
There is an updated diagnostics package here
https://support.hp.com/us-en/help/hp-pc-hardware-diagnostics
Look for the phrase 'issues outside the OS',
Expand the'+'symbol and click the DOWNLOAD button.
The version of the UEFI diagnostics is shown at the left of that DOWNLOAD button.
When you press F2 to run diagnostics please ensure the version is the new one.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.