Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (347 Views)

Windows 7 Compatible Laptop

I would like a good new and modern laptop that is windows 7 compatible  !!

You HERE ME  HP   I hate windows  8   !!!!    

I  despise   technlogy that is intentionally desinged  for mikey mouse kiddeys   that  does nothing for me

except WASTE MY TIME  

I despise windows 8 and I also despise the stupid ribbon bar   both are  time wasters     they provide nothing that I  find

useful productive or desirable  

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 5 (341 Views)

Re: Windows 7 Compatible Laptop

HP has several Windows 7 laptops:

http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Laptops/Laptops;pgid=jalAV99QcldSRpkT.FZdpM1...

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
Provost
Message 3 of 5 (340 Views)

This is NOT official HP Customer Support and I, as most other persons on this forum, do not work for HP. This is a peer-to-peer user supported forum for HP consumer class products. HP maintains no official presence on this forum and it is unlikely that HP will respond in an official capacity. Any reply from a HP employee represents their own opinion and not that of HP's.

Please see Windows 7 HP Laptop Models and Windows 7 HP Desktop Models to purchase a current modern Windows 7 HP computer.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
Honor Student
Message 4 of 5 (324 Views)

Thanks,

I appologize for venting my frustrations.

I have been a software developer for 30++ years , so I have been around the block a few times

One of my hobbies is building  my own pc-desktops  Smiley Happy   Thus with the help of msdn I always  had the choice  of

using what I prefered.  But  we do not have this privelege with  laptops  because of hard-coded vendor lock-in.  

I wish the vendors would give us more/better options/choices   and have the courage to tell Micro-Micky-Soft to

stick it in their ear.  

Don't get me wrong, I love Windows,  and I also LOVE Linux.    Each   has its own  strengths and weacknesses.

I have stuggled with winodws from its infantile infancy of  unreliable re-boots .  Went thru the os/2 wars 

and now we end up with this  wieird  Monster  whcih looks like a  throw-back to MS-DOS 

I guess my only other choice is to run Linux with Windows 7 in a virtual machine.  

So much for back-to-the-future.     

Provost
Message 5 of 5 (305 Views)

In addition to the new HP laptops that ship with Windows 7, there are also many models that shipped with Windows 8 that are being downgraded to Win 7. There is no such thing  as "hard-coded vendor lock-in" (that I am aware) They may not all have drivers posted on support page for Win 7-but most can be found. Stroll through the forum for numerous threads on downgrades.

Usually the first hurdle to install Win 7 is simply disabling Secure Boot and enabling Legacy Boot in BIOS.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation