12-02-2010 05:28 AM
I have an HP Pavillion dv6700 (dv6835nr) and need Windows 7 device drivers for this laptop but did not see any on HP's support website.
Does anyone know if the XP or Vista device drivers will function under Windows 7?
12-02-2010 05:41 AM
Generally speaking, Vista drivers will be your best bet. You should find however that the majority of drivers you require will be automatically installed by Windows 7. The exception to this will be drivers such as the ones for Quick Launch and this is where you may want to try installing the Vista drivers.
Hope this helps.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Windows Insider MVP
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)