03-28-2013 01:26 PM
HP G61-401SA Was running windows 7 home premium but it wouldn't load tried recovery disc I had but that didn't work either, as i needed to get laptop working I installed ubuntu, is it possible to download windows 7 home premium and get it reinstalled free? I would also need to find product key as sticker on laptop a bit illegable.
Any help appreciate
03-28-2013 04:29 PM - last edited on 02-23-2017 04:39 PM by OscarFuentes
You do need that Product Code to take advantage of the Free reinstallation ISO package of Windows 7. The download is free and the package is free -- but you do have to have the Code.
You might be able to order Recovery Discs from HP for your HP G61-401SA Notebook. There is only a nominal cost for the discs and the shipment comes right away.
See this Document:
If you are NOT in the USA or Canada:
Within the Section titled "Ordering recovery discs from HP in the United States and Canada"
You can try this resource:
Computer Surgeons does charge a bit more for the software as the company is selling the software for profit.
If all else fails, then you might check the cost in your area for a retail copy of Windows 7 - the cost for Windows 7 is substantially lower than for some software packages, perhaps $59-$79 US. You may find Windows 7 online or in a local retail store in your area for a similar cost.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)