11-20-2013 09:10 PM
I bought a new HP Envy 15 two weeks ago. The details are given below:
Product Model: F2C67PA
Product Name: HP ENVY 15-j050tx Notebook PC
OS Version: Windows 8.1
The notebook came with Windows 8 and I updated to Windows 8.1
I set the Windows update to "automatically download and install updates"
I checked my windows update history and there are some installed programs status as failed and pending restart. I have restarted my notebook many times but this does not seem to resolve the issue. I tried to uninstall certain updates but that could not be done. I even ran the Windows update diagnostic tool from Microsoft website but that did not resolve the issue.
The screenshots are shown below:
Please advice. Thanks in advance!
11-20-2013 09:15 PM
Well, have you done your research ? Many people, including me, have had huge problem when upgrading to 8.1. I've mentioned few times: wait for everything settles down. Do you have Recovery disc set ? My suggestion: roll back to Windows 8, wait for few months.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)