Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Y4F74PA#ACJ
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have recovered my laptop. Now, the windows recovery partition is showing but when I go and see in disk management, there is a recovery partition but in that partition is not showing. The another problem is that my windows 10 stops updating after windows version 1511 os build 10586.962, what should I do? Please help... As i think that my recovery drive is not working properly so can I buy a recovery drive to solve the both above problems..?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I will try to answer those questions, as I am sure others that read this will want to know.

1)  how will i Activate the windows? - Windows 10 should activate with no problems.  If the Windows 10 install asks for a product key, click on "skip" and when the install is completed and the PC connects to the internet, it will self-activate.

2) will it get back the new recovery partition in hard drive? - unfortunately, no.  The Recovery Partition would only be reinstalled if Recovery Media is used

3) will all hp applications ( hp assistant, hp coolsence, etc.) will be installed itself? - no but you may be able to find most of those items on the SUPPORT PAGE for Software and drivers.  Keep that page available to download all the drivers to separate media  before the Windows 10 install runs.  Then use them for any drivers windows 10 fails to install.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

The product number indicates it to be a HP Pavilion - 15-au111tx, which came with Windows 10.  If the Recovery Partition is still functioning, then you can make Recovery Media.  With the PC off, start tapping F11 and then start the PC.  You should then see the Recovery Manager.

http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=HPSystemRecovery.net&as=true&SFS=sdoc&section=ccweb&language...

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended
Yes this is au-111tx...but how would I know that recovery partition is working or not.... And what should I do about the windows 10 upgrade problem.
HP Recommended
And as u said tapped F11 with the pc off, and starts recovery manager but there the option recover your pc is dim (i.e no option to select that)
HP Recommended

If the Recovery Manager does not show a selection to recover, then most likely the Recovery Media kit is needed to recover.  THIS DOCUMENT shows how to use the Recovery Manager (which you state did not show that option), or make the Recovery Media kit, or ordering the Recovery Media kit.  If all that fails to produce, then the only other choice is to install Windows 10 clean from M$.  Use the Media Creation Tool to make installation media.  Scroll down to "Using the tool to create installtion media"

Reinstall Windows 10 using that media.  That should then be a working Windows 10.  If that needs to be upgraded further, then see the first section on the Media Creation tool page

Windows 10 Creators Update now available

The Update Assistant can help you update to the latest version of Windows 10.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thank you THE OLD MAN... the last thing i want to ask that if i install a fresh windows 10 using media creation tools as u stated above:

1. how will i Activate the windows?

2. will it get back the new recovery partition in hard drive?

3. will all hp applications ( hp assistant, hp coolsence, etc.) will be installed itself?

HP Recommended

I will try to answer those questions, as I am sure others that read this will want to know.

1)  how will i Activate the windows? - Windows 10 should activate with no problems.  If the Windows 10 install asks for a product key, click on "skip" and when the install is completed and the PC connects to the internet, it will self-activate.

2) will it get back the new recovery partition in hard drive? - unfortunately, no.  The Recovery Partition would only be reinstalled if Recovery Media is used

3) will all hp applications ( hp assistant, hp coolsence, etc.) will be installed itself? - no but you may be able to find most of those items on the SUPPORT PAGE for Software and drivers.  Keep that page available to download all the drivers to separate media  before the Windows 10 install runs.  Then use them for any drivers windows 10 fails to install.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended
Thanks for your useful time sir...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.