Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Windows upd1803 on 15-ck030nl

HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-ck030nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just pick a new notebook model Pavilion 15-ck030nl.

At first poweron I run windows update but version 1803 does not install!

Windows 10, versione 1803 - Errore 0x8024a205

(I have Win 10-64 upgraded to Pro)

Looking at HP websites I don't found my model on the list of products tested for such windows upgrade step.

Does it means HP will not plan to release any driver or other software for guarantee MS Win compatibility of this model .

Please be clear on SO compatility and future support because I need to change this model with probook G450 G5 within 2 days if HP don't guarantee support  and software release in collaboration with Microsoft.  

Second Question: is there limitations on model/size of SSD I can mount on this device? I read some news that the controller recognize only 3 SSD models. So Controller mounted on this notebook is not standard! it is tailored just for 3 models. Right?

Please give me a real answer. Do not close the question with a link to some other forum topic...

Best Regards

Daniel

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 6
607 602 39 76
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi,
Minimum system requirements for Windows 10 1803 for x64 are.
1Ghz or faster cpu.
2GB of ram
15GB of HDD

I can see your notebook 15-ck030nl fully supports windows 10.

As per my personal experience HP does not provide driver support for any pc more than year from it's launch.

But you can download drivers and updates from respective manufacturers of your notebook from their official web site.

For example you can download latest graphics drivers from nvidia.

In short you can install windows 10 version 1803 on your notebook without any issues.

You can use update troubleshooter to fix update issues.
or you can use Windows 10 media creation tool to update your system.

Download windows 10 media creation tool from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10
Select upgrade this PC to receive windows 10 version 1803.

Every notebook has it's own hardware limitations you should contact hp for ssd related queries.
Good luck.
I hope this worked for you.
If it worked for you don't forget to Mark as Solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry but this isn't a solution.

Again Windows 10  upgrade procedure fails with error (0xc1900208).
Consider I tried several times with Windows Upgrade tool and they return "Hardware of this PC is Not Supported in this version of Windows. Contact PC manufacturer".  Still the same result with your suggestions.
Note that the Notebook is brand new. It is a new model (I7-8550u. 16GB ram, SSD 512MB). Device Drivers are the last ones available.

Again, you didn't replied at my second question

Waiting in a quick solution or really this model does not support Windows 10 version 1803.

Thanks & Regards
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 6
607 602 39 76
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi,

Windows setup is not recognizing your hardware.

In this case you should upgrade the bios and try again.
If problem isn't resolved even after upgrading the bios, try updating all device drivers.

If above steps aren't working then I suggest you to perform clean install of Windows 10.

You should contact hp to get more details about ssd support for your notebook.
Good luck.
I hope this worked for you.
If it worked for you don't forget to Mark as Solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Bios was version 0.7. The last one. Anyway I downloaded and flashed it again.
I checked for update drivers of all voices in device manager.
Again, as last step, I recovery the system with factory image.
No way to get hw supported by win upd1803. So, I returned back the notebook to the shop.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation