Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Elite X2 1012 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, Community. My problem is that I cannot update to Windows update 2004. It stacks at 61%

I have asked at the Microsoft community and tried to use all the tips that they suggested. Check disk, uninstall Conexant drivers, use Windows update assistant.

Do you have ideas specific for this device?

Regards, Alexander

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@AShSA 

Yes -- quit forcing it and count yourself lucky it did not trash your PC!

Win 10 v20.04 has been a rolling disaster for months, to the degree that MS blocked it for a LONG time to stop getting complaints about it trashing PC after PC after PC.  While they have claimed to fix many of the problems, some still remain and new ones come up every week.

Plus, they are still supporting v19.09 as they came out with a bunch of patches only last week.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for the answer. This update works pretty well on my other computers, two of which are HP's (a pretty old one and a very new one). My experience with Windows updates is that you may ignore them for a while, but then Windows start ignoring you. So, if there are some tips how I can go around the problem, I would prefer to know them.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.