04-14-2017 07:38 AM
my HP notebook is not charging. I plug in the HP charging lead and the light beside the port changes to white although it isn't charging at all (charge doesn't go up at all over time and is still losing charging) or at full charge. I used a different HP charging lead and it didn't work either so the lead is not faulty. I also used different plugs around the house and at another household too and still no success. I did a battery check too and it came back with the battery being "Okay".
My notebook is only 7 months old so not down to age either!
I hope someone can help!
04-14-2017 08:38 AM
You might want to take a look at this document: Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge.
It suggests troubleshooting steps to determine if the problem is the battery, the power supply, or the system board.
You might find the answer to your battery/power issue as you work through the steps in that HP support article.
Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
I am not an HP Employee
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)