Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i can't access bios set-up of hp 2230s notebook.i have no hp spare key and an it administrator, i dont know the bios password.i want to format the notebook because windows xp was corrupted.thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ Mr_Hudson

Try>> 73742120

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

220 REPLIES 220
HP Recommended

Welcome Jamar.

After three failed passwords do you receive a code???

Let me know.

If you do not then try this.

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01601955/c01601955.pdf

I think it is page 70.

Let us know if you need more help.

HP Recommended

HP Folio 13-2000 Notebook forgot bios password

System Disabled and get  [ 59133534 ]

HP Recommended

@oigie1

Try>> 46891510

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

it worked! you're fricken good!!!!!

HP Recommended

sir after three trials on-screen keyboard comes out and then when i hit enter  authentication failed system locked press the power button to restart the system.and i also try to reset bios by removing rtc battery but the bios administrator password won't remove.what another way to access bios setup?thank you

HP Recommended

Welcome Jaymar.

What model laptop do you have???

Let us know.

HP Recommended

hp 2230s

s/n no.[edited by Moderator]

system ID OAF4

ROM revision 68PHU ver. F.10

these are some system information.

HP Recommended

Hello, 

My cousin chaged my bios password on my lapotp and now he dosen't remember it... :Crying:

I have a HP Folio 13-2000

The code that I get is: 92384139

Thank you,

Adrian

HP Recommended

Welcome Adyhp.

Try.

Just a note - if you participate in this thread I must inform you that these services are not endorsed by HP, and that HP is not responsible for any damage that may arise to your system by using these services. Please be aware that you do this at your own risk.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.