06-23-2016 12:22 PM - edited 06-23-2016 12:26 PM
How to reset bios passwords on this model?
Im' not getting a "code" after trying 3 times, just F7 and then cannot get the 3 words correct.
06-23-2016 12:28 PM
Welcome to HP Support Forum and we are glad to assist you.
This is to inform you that all HP Business Notebooks such as Probooks or Elitebooks have more stringent security than consumer models infact they don't produce 'halt codes', the password cannot be derived from the Serial Number and the code is stored in non-volatile memory so removing the RTC cell will not reset the password in this case.
- Please have a look at this link.
- Please Contact HP Business Notebook support they should be able to send you a customized SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password.
Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
K N R K
06-23-2016 02:15 PM
The link proivided does not point anyplace usefull, there is apparently some tool I can download, but there is no place or way to download the tool mentioned in the thread anyway.
I'll raise a ticket and see how we go :-) Just hope the hex file support linux o/s, although anything is possible once I get a file. Next time I'll not password protect a device, not sure how I got encouraged to do that.
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)