Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The intel wireless-n 1030 device to which bluetooth is attached tells me that bluetooth is enabled, however I cannot get any device or tool to recognize it in windows 8. I should also comment it is a dv6-6195ca laptop. 

The latest intel bluetooth drivers (only have released for win 7) version 2.2 have compatibility issues. Does a pre-release driver exist for win 8 that I can test out?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I got mine to work using the following steps:

[ Any Broadcom Bluetooth Software may prevented you from adding Bluetooth devices correctly.]

[You should now see the Bluetooth icon has been added to your system tray]

• Right click the Bluetooth Icon, in your System Tray, on the right side of you toolbar.
  • Select Add Device

[You should now be able to pair and begin using your bluetooh device with further connection issues]

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=22022

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

First thing I tried, the compatibility assistant throws a this program has compatibility issues intel PROSet/Wireless Bluetooth intel. 

HP Recommended

I got mine to work using the following steps:

[ Any Broadcom Bluetooth Software may prevented you from adding Bluetooth devices correctly.]

[You should now see the Bluetooth icon has been added to your system tray]

• Right click the Bluetooth Icon, in your System Tray, on the right side of you toolbar.
  • Select Add Device

[You should now be able to pair and begin using your bluetooh device with further connection issues]

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=22022

HP Recommended

Hi MKeezy, 

I came across the intel update just the other day (good to hear it is alteast working for you). The driver installed fine however, bluetooth is showing as disabled and I cannot for the life of me to get to be enabled. It as if the power is turned off to the device.   

Rylan

HP Recommended

Check and see if the Bluetooth is enabled in the BIOS. 

HERE is a document showing you how to do so.

THX 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi Lions99, 

That was one of the first things I checked, unfortunitly the bios does not contain the functionality to turn on or off bluetooth. But it does tell me the Bluetooth FCC number because that info was missing from my life.

Cheers

HP Recommended
Thanks everyone for there help, Intel updated the driver again and now my bluetooth is working.
HP Recommended

Are you using an intigrated bluetooth adapter or a usb type adapter? The solution I posted should work if you are using a usb type bluetooth adapter.

You would need to update your adapter's device driver and enable the device using the blurtooth button on your system or via its properties.

HP Recommended

Well guy's I am also facing this problem don't know why windows 7 and windows 8 can't same compatible both are good but windows 8 are great I have to said whatever. I am searching on it hope will fine good enough . I check many updates many drivers but not fixed but overall windows 8 is great ..

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.