Bruno62327 Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

brand new PC CPU reaches 80 to 96/100%

Notebook 17-y042nb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i bought mu notebook in November and everytime i go to a web browser or i play a game the CPU or disk reach 80 to 100 % rarelly both at the same time but i find it really annoying caus ei switched back to HP becuas emy other Toshiba notebook had the same issue and it was brand new.is this a Windows 10 thing because i tried every tutorial out there and it doesn't work. also i hear the HDD doing noises like 2 rocks rubbing against each other

2017-12-08 at 00-48-11.png

1 REPLY
Highlighted
Intern
Intern
44 4 4
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

brand new PC CPU reaches 80 to 96/100%

I have been having the same issue, I had not heard any grinding from my HDD. I have bought two laptops and I created a rather very detailed post here:

100% Disk Usage

Nothing worked for me, however it did make matters worse off.  A lot of reviews I have seen with people having the same issue none have been corrected. It might be the drive or Windows 10, I even asked if there were known defects with the Toshiba drives (these are the ones in both of my new HP laptops that I bought)

Luckily I am not dependant on these machines, I will wait for another solution. If you correct yours let me know how you did so.

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation