02-07-2014 09:33 AM
My recommendation would be to order a set of recovery disks from HP for your 4530s:
Call HP at 1-800-334-5144. Have the model # and serial # of the notebook handy to give to the customer services rep.
The cost for a set of disks is $10.00 delivered.
If you want to make your own plain W7 installation DVD or USB flash drive, download the applicable version of W7 from the link below that is on the product key on the bottom of your notebook and use the product key to activate the installation (of course that assumes the key is still completely legible).
Link to the W7 ISO downloads is below. The SP1 Media Refresh files are the latest ones.
Then use this tool to make the ISO file bootable onto a DVD or 4 GB USB flash drive.
Then download and install the drivers and software you need from the 4530s support and driver page.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)