Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

default BIOS password needed

Example: Pavilzbookion 65XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number) zbook 2tk931000m • Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A 2. Operating System installed (if applicable) windows 10 • Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit 3. Error message (if any) Authentication failled • Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows 4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred brand new • Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
18,582 16,540 1,537 3,674
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@FrankDrebbin 

All the information you posted is meaningless -- because we can no long assist with BIOS password resets.

The original poster will need to contact HP directly and pay a considerable fee to get their motherboard replaced.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
FrankDrebbin Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i don't need a BIOS password reset. This is a brand new system, i need the default BIOS password. Thanks
0 Kudos
545 544 32 69
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@FrankDrebbin

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation