Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an OMEN 17 cbo063tx and keep getting an error message "Open GL 3.3 and later is required", when I try to run my photo editing Luminar 4 program. What can I do???

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@nanyjean 

You have a graphics chip in your laptop, not a separate card, but this link will tell you how to find out what Open GL your video chip supports:  https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000011375

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for you help. After downloading Open GL it tells me I'm running:  GDI Generic Version: 1.1.0
How do I update to 3.3 or higher?

HP Recommended

@nanyjean 

Since you have a laptop, and they don't have replaceable video "cards" -- the usual option of upgrading the card is not available to you.

The only other option is checking your product support page to see if there is an updated video driver from HP.  I would need the detailed product number to do that search.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I can give you this............ if this helps or is there something else you need....

Product name : OMEN by HP Laptop 17-cb0xxx

Product number : 7WY89PA#ABG

[Personal Information Removed]

Software build ID : 19WW2STT601#SABG#DABG

Motherboard ID : 8603

BIOS : F.25-04/09/2020

Keyboard revision : 45.41

Total memory : 16 GB

Processor name : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.