1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

false update notification

HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cd0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey guys,

When opening HP Support Assistant it shows I have an update to my device. Clicking that brings up the ' Checking' screen & straight away the top listing ( Connecting to HP servers ) gets a tick & highlighting box drops to the next step ( Downloading Messages & updates definitions ) & stays there for ages . I figure it's not seizing up as the animation of 'power' moving along the cord in the little graphic. Anyways when I go on & do other stuff & come back to that page later or if i stay on same page it will eventually bring up the message that no updates are available. So what gives as I feel I'm missing out ( issues ! I know . )

cheers for reading

Bill

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16,373 16,232 1,080 1,735
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

false update notification

@dadofbailz,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I recommend you uninstall HP support assistant completely from your computer and then download and install it from the below link and check if it helps.

https://www8.hp.com/in/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_in/en/any/psg/p...

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation