08-09-2016 08:20 AM
This is a Pavilion notebook that will not boot. Looking like it needs a new hard drive.
I can find very little about this error code the smart check gives me:
hard drive SMART check failed: error ID: QC0J10-82S86V-RXG2LK-60CL03
HP pavilion 17-g131ds
1TB 5400RPM hard drive (I got this from the product specs)
Any information would be a great help. Also if it does need a hard drive what would you
recomend to be the most compatable?
08-09-2016 10:27 AM
The Failure ID refers to Hard Disk 1 SMART Hard Drive Detects Imminent Failure. You have to replace the HDD to get this issue resolved. If the unit is under warranty, then contact the HP Technical Support and they will help you out.
--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)