Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-bs212wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have done a fresh install of windows 10 1903, installed the latest drivers available, installed the latest bios f.60, and installed all updates for windows and any updates for google chrome but i still have this issue even when i have the highest performance settings set in my power settings. This is clearly not normal and i don't have anything running in the background that should cause this issue. (The taskbar icon next to the usb icon is my internet application). i also have noticed clicks and popping sounds when playing videos too when these page faults occur.  Please note i am tech savvy and in the past i never had this issue even on my old hp pavilion p6313w (has dual core cpu like my laptop) from 2009. Most likely cause: OS issue or driver issue.Untitled.png

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@thepcwiz101

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

HP doesn't recommend using 3rd party software to test or benchmark the device.

Let us know if you've any external mouse or any other device connected to the PC. 

If yes, disconnect them and uninstall its software/driver.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My external logitech mouse and it's driver is fine. I still get dpc lag regardless if i remove my mouse and uninstall it's driver or not. Also this third party software is used by a ton of people to diagnose issues with performance. It is used to find troublematic drivers or issues with the operating system on certain hardware. If there's a lag that affects performance and makes sound pop and click when it shouldn't it points to either a cpu or other hardware flaw or a bug in the core windows operating system.

HP Recommended

The steps in the previous post where only meant to identify the issue. Let's try the steps below to resolve the page fault error:

1. Open a CMD window as an administrator.
  2. Type or paste ‘chkdsk /f /r’ and hit Enter.
  3. Allow the process to complete.

Then perform a system file check.

1. Open a CMD window as an administrator.
  2. Type or paste ‘sfc /scannow’ and hit Enter.

It might also be useful to check Windows updates and drivers as they are often the cause of Page Fault In Nonpaged Area errors.

1. Navigate to Settings, Update & security.
  2. Click ‘Check for updates’ in the Windows update tab.
  4. Navigate to Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Device Manager.
  5. Select hardware, right click and ‘Update Driver Software’. Make sure you check graphics and audio drivers as well as any third party webcam, printer and other drivers.
  6. Reboot and retest.

If the BSOD still occurs, let us check the Windows page file.

1. Right click ‘This PC’ in Windows Explorer and select Properties.
  2. Click ‘Advanced system settings’.
  3. In the Advanced tab click Settings in the Performance box.
  4. Click Change in the Virtual memory box and uncheck ‘Automatically manage paging files for all drives’.
  5. Set a custom size for the page file.
  6. Click Ok.
  7. Reboot.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It is not a blue screen issue. The question does not say there is a page fault in a non-paged area. I never got any blue screen i just have performance issues. I have all the updates for windows currently, I already ran chkdsk and i already used the sfc /scannow command several times. My page file is set to default which is what windows recommends based on how much ram i have (4gb). My page file is set to 1386 Mb.

HP Recommended

That out of the way, instead of assuming anything else, I'd like to be more precise from now on, I needed to know if these popping sound appear from the speaker/headphones or the computer (as in, is it hardware noises)

Also, if it does appear on headphones as well, its most likely not a hardware issue, hence, did you check with a new user account or alternate browsers since it occurs when maximizing the YouTube windows?

And if you've ensure the popping sounds do not appear on headphones but the computer it self, perhaps you could run an HP hardware diagnostics using the below steps:

Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

Click Extensive Test.

Click Run once, or Loop until error.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.