12-12-2011 04:37 PM
I just bought a Pavilion g6 and it is all good, except one big problem. For function keys I have to press fn key first!! THis is horrible!! please fix it. It should be easy to fix. THis should have been configurable. Come on, please don't play with function keys. We need them for programming and many other productivity software where these function keys are regularly pressed. I am hoping there might be some obscure setting I can you to reverse this relation, I mean I press fn key only if I need to access the alternate functionality HP has put on the function keys, not the other way around.
Solved! View Solution.
Re: how to access function keys without having to press fn key on Pavilion g6 series
12-12-2011 04:39 PM
12-12-2011 04:39 PM - last edited on 04-18-2016 03:49 PM by OscarFuentes
Shut down the notebook. Tap away at f10 as you start up to access the Bios Menu and make the change described in the document on the link below.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Windows Insider MVP
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)