Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6 A3V67PA#ACJ
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello there,

I recently got replaced my hdd after an it got broke accidentally. After i installed OS, the OEM did not activated automatically, the batch on laptop back had it's key but some of te letter are faded so i can't activate it manually. 

One of my friend suggested me that HP will help me out for oem activation.

Is there any way i can again recover it, please sugget?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@RahulBhardwaj 

Your friend is incorrect -- as we can not help with activation -- as that is done automatically when the OS version is HP OEM.

If you install something other than that, it wants a different kind of product key -- and we can not supply those.

Additionally, what you normally do is reinstall using HP Recovery Media, as that will install an HP OEM version of Windows that will reactivate automatically -- but HP no longer carries the older Win7 Recovery Media.

So, another site you should check is: http://www.computersurgeons.com/

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.