03-20-2012 07:27 PM
It is getting harder to downgrade as hardware gets newer and XP gets older (with very few drivers needed for the hardware).
No one can even begin to tell you where to start, or if it is possible, without knowing full model and P/N as listed on the service tag attached to bottom of laptop. There are 2 sticky threads at top of this forum about downgarding to XP_but they are older posts and for older models_but should give you an idea of what you are up against.
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)