Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

After F11, try to restore system, my screen asking for Windows installation discs. I don't have. How could I download one. cant find it from HP support yet.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

You cannot download recovery disks. They must be purchased from HP.

You can read the info at the link below on how to do that.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07143

You can however, download and make your own plain Windows 7 installation DVD if you can read the 25 character Windows 7 product key on the bottom of your PC.

Here's how:

If you can read the 25 character Microsoft windows 7 product key, you can download plain Windows 7 ISO files to burn to a DVD for the version of windows that came installed on your PC, and that is listed on the Microsoft COA sticker on your PC's case.

Burn the ISO using the Burn ISO option on your DVD burning program and burn at the slowest possible speed your program will allow. This will create a bootable DVD.

Use the 25 character product key on the PC to activate the installation.

The key will activate either a 32 or 64 bit installation.

Then go to the PC's support and driver page to install the drivers you need.

Link to the W7 ISO file downloads is below.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-from-digital-river/

Paul

HP Recommended

hi,

i am in need of the W7 HP Pavilion Recovery method, however, following the link in your post i run into:

Home Use Program

The Power of Office in Your Home
Only $9.95 
Exclusive for your company, get the complete Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 suite for your home. Or if you use a Mac, get Office Home and Business 2016 for Mac for the same low price.
Enter your work email here to see if you are eligible for the Home Use Program.

this HOME USE, not WORK USE & yet i cannot get past this irritating issue, any suggestions are very much welcome, thx.

ps. i am running on an HP Pavilion 17" laptop W7 Home Premium

HP Recommended

@Lt0001us1:

MS canned the digital river downloads a while back, replacing that site with their Win7 USB/DVD Download Tool.  Read the instructions in the Win7 forums link for details:  http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/31541-windows-7-usb-dvd-download-tool.html

By the way, I tried that tool a few months ago, and even though I have three Win7 machines running Retail versions, the tool would not accept any of the product keys I entered. 

Perhaps you will have better luck.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

thx for the feedback sir, the laptop is a little older but may still be functioanl enough for my wife, email is about all she does anyway. if i can recover it, great, if not, oh well, i got experience in trying to recover lol, thx again for all

HP Recommended

@Lt0001us1: OK, then best of luck with that.

========================================================================
If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol; if they helped solve your problem, please click "Accept As Solution".

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.