03-09-2013 10:46 AM
I want to sell my HP 2000 notebook and I think there is a way to restore it to the original configuration and remove all of my sensitive information from the hard drive. Please tell me how to do this.
03-09-2013 10:52 AM - edited 03-09-2013 11:40 AM
Use your recovery disk set to perform a recovery. That will wipe the partitions of all the current information and recover the notebook to its original configuration.
If the information is considered by you to be ultra sensitive, then replace the hard disk with a new one and perform with the recovery disk set.
Post the complete product number or product name with all alphanumeric characters. Remove the battery and take look in the enclosure to find the service tag. The #2 p/n in the image is an example of the product number.
If your problem is solved , please click the Accepted Solution button
I am not an HP Employee, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)