Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy - ul265
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have lost total control of my notebook and i cannot get it back!  it is full of root kits, pci root kit, shadow root kit, boot kit and system kits  ive always had an anti virus but ive  ever seen anything like this before  i have reinstall both HP recovery tool and Win 10 with zero progress! i bave updated the bios and even switched my hard drive tbey still control my PC, someone please help  ive tried Malaware, AEG and Tskill and  so far no help still

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@msqu 

Sorry, I don't believe the situation you are describing.  Viruses are contained entirely in the filesystem on the drive.  They have NO capability of leaping through the air from one physical drive to another!  Wiping a drive is sufficient for removing all viruses and traces of them.

One of two things is happening:

1) The tools you are using to report viruses are faulty and giving you bad information

2) You are creating media from an infected PC and when you then restore that PC and reinsert that media, you are transferring the infection BACK to that PC.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

it has got to be in the bios, that is the only place for it ti be  and yes i firmly believe i have a hacker not just a virus  i would not believe it myself if i wasnt seeing it while trying to work everyday! The bios hack spreads through the memory and the mother board but never shows up on the disk  that is all it can be at this point  but i have reinstalled so many OS and HP recovery and still have the exact same issue  also i have a hacker not a virus  and im attaching a link about the Bios root, its one of the hardest to detect and destroy  which is why im here  https://www.blackhat.com/presentations/bh-europe-06/bh-eu-06-Heasman.pdf 

HP Recommended

let me know if thay made you a believer!!! i got lots more where that came from

HP Recommended

@msqu 

You might have -- if I could have read any of them!   They are all sideways and the lettering is too small for me to read.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.