Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Your welcome Zero.

Thanks for the KUDOS.

REO

HP Recommended

Im sorry to bother you but i am running into the same problem, its my laptop i bought it off a friend that cant remember his password the fatal error coe its giving me is [edited Serial Number by Moderator]. If i can get some help it would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

HP Recommended

Luda try.

e9lo3fgdas

Third letter lowercase L.

REO

I must inform you that these services are not endorsed by HP, and that HP is not responsible for any damage that may arise to your system by using these services. Please be aware that you do this at your own risk.

HP Recommended

I hate to add to the list ... wish there was a tool ? 😉

Dusted off my HP1000 and remebered the bios password to boot. However, the password to change the Bios settings is clearly not the same...

Error : [edited Serial Number by Moderator]

Good karma points await !  Thanks for your assistance...

HP Recommended

Mith try.

e9lo717x1u

Third letter lowercase L.

REO

I must inform you that these services are not endorsed by HP, and that HP is not responsible for any damage that may arise to your system by using these services. Please be aware that you do this at your own risk.

HP Recommended
No joy in mudville 😞 Does it matter that this is to access BIOS and not to BOOT ? ( The password to BOOT is working but does not work for getting into the BIOS - should it ? )
HP Recommended
Ah grasshopper - it is a "V" on the end as opposed to a "U". Still Kudos to you REO ! Thanks and more thanks
HP Recommended

Sorry Mith.

I must need a new pair of glasses.:smileysad:

Happy computing.

Thanks for the KUDOS.

REO

HP Recommended

I have ho mini 1000 I'm need a password it says password check failed error... System halted. [edited Serial Number by Moderator] can you help please

HP Recommended

@Thetafoyas 

Try entering:      e9lo71709t          ( Note that the 3rd character is a lower case L and the 8th is Zero )

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.