Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hp pavilion dv2000 for windows 7 driver

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can use the Windows Vista drivers for any drivers you need after you install Windows 7.

If you can connect to the internet after installing W7 either wired or wirelessly, you should first launch the Windows Update program found in your programs menu. That will find the latest drivers for some of your hardware components. For anything else that Windows Update didn't find you can use the Vista drivers.

Here is the link to the dv2000 series support page. You should select your specific model number for the Vista drivers.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/pfinder?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&os=228&sw_lang=&tool=&query=dv2000

You may also want to read this handy upgrade guide for your model series.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-systems-and/General-Windows-7-Upgrade-Guide-for-HP-L...

Paul

HP Recommended

i wanthp pavilion dv2000 for windows 7 driver is available pls

HP Recommended

hp pavilion dv2000 for windows 7 driver

HP Recommended

Hello pastelitofer.  I understand you need a driver for your dv2000.

Do you know which wireless card you have in the notebook?

What operating system are you using?

I can locate the driver for you if you provide me with your product number.  If you're unsure where the product number is located take a look at this document.

I will keep an eye out for your reply.  I hope you have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

Hello again Drafthell.  

You should try installing the HP Software Framework and HP Support Assistant.  After you have installed both pieces of software you should run HP Support Assistant.  This will automatically scan your computer and attempt to install the drivers.  After you run HP Support Assistant check Device Manager for any "other" or "unknown" devices.  Let me know how many of these you see.

If this is helpful or you want to say thanks you can click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.  I really appreciate it!

I hope you have an excellent day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

شكرا على المساعده

HP Recommended

@gorge1

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Fórum dos usuários HP
Chinese: 惠普个人客户支持论坛
Korean: HP 지식커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.